01 April 2012

NaPoWriMo: Day 1

     I am a sinner

Can a sinner hear the church bells?
The calling of men clad in cloak.
Who sprout prayers of a God,
a manifestation of human requisite for vindication.

Can a sinner touch the blessed water?
The holy liquid
Blessed by the kiss of a Messiah
Who hides behind a fabricated religion.

Can a sinner kneel before the crucifix,
and pray to the sculpture of the corpus
of an entity much higher,
than the universe in its enormity.

I beg to differ, before thine Christ.
For I am a sinner with no belief,
In a manifestation of mankind.

So let the Pope sprinkle me with the Holy Water,
and let my knees run bloody before His corpus,
and let the church bells try to carry me to the light.

I am a sinner.
I cannot hear the church bells,
I cannot touch the blessed water,
I cannot kneel before the crucifix.
I am a sinner.


Arlana Panduleni Shikongo

No comments:

Post a Comment